We’ve enjoyed getting to know her and think you will as well!
1. Tell us a little about yourself! Where you’re from, where you went to school, a little about your family…?
I was born and raised in Madison, and after graduating from Madison Central High School, I went on to earn a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Interior Design from the University of Southern Mississippi. Shortly after college graduation, I moved back to Madison so that I could be close to family. My dad is a CPA and partner of a Jackson-based accounting firm, my mom is a real estate broker/owner, my brother is a residential builder, and my sister-in-law is a computer scientist. My boyfriend, Michael, moved here a couple of years ago after his graduation from USM and is employed with C Spire.
2. What is your favorite aspect of living in the Jackson area?
The shopping, dining, arts and entertainment offered in the metro area are some of the best in the state.
3. What was your favorite class back in middle/high school?
I would say…English!
4. What’s the best movie you’ve seen lately?
We haven’t made it to the movie theater in a while; we are trying to catch up on Breaking Bad before the final episodes in August!
5. What’s your favorite way to spend a few days off?
Grilling on a nice day, lounging by the pool, or watching a Braves game. And of course, spending time with my boyfriend, family and friends.
6. In your short time so far at SummerHouse, are there any fabric or furniture lines that you’ve just absolutely fallen in love with?!
I am drawn to the furniture line by Lillian August. Her pieces are absolutely beautiful.
7. What else do we need to know about you? Any fun facts you want to share?
I love to travel and would love to do more of it! Michael and I were in Atlanta last fall where we witnessed Chipper Jones hit the last home run of his career. It was an unforgettable moment.
Thank you, Katy!! Looking forward to having this girl on board!